PLEASE NOTE: The USB-ML-PPCBDM interface is discontinued. The replacement options for this part will be PEmicro's high-speed USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX. Older software will need an upgrade to use the FX. Contact us for upgrade pricing. Please plan accordingly.
PEmicro’s USB POWER ARCHITECTURE BDM MULTILINK is a debug interface which allows a PC access to the Background Debug Mode (BDM) on NXP MPC5xx/8xx microcontrollers. It connects a USB port on a Windows machine to the standard 10-pin “Berg” debug connector on the target.
By using the USB POWER ARCHITECTURE BDM MULTILINK, the user can take advantage of the background debug mode to halt normal processor execution and use a PC to control the processor. The user can then directly control the target’s execution, read/write registers and memory values, debug code on the processor, and program internal or external FLASH memory devices.
The USB POWER ARCHITECTURE BDM MULTILINK works with PEmicro's in-circuit debugger and flash programmer to allow debug and flash programming of the target processor. PEmicro has a set of interface libraries allowing the user to write their own Windows based application which interacts with PEmicro's debug interface.
NOTE: The Multilink cable is only recommended for development. For production usage, try PEmicro's Cyclone stand alone programmers.
- USB 2.0 interface from PC to Multilink allows for fast, easy programming and debugging, with the ease and compatibility of the USB interface.
- Draws power from USB interface-- no separate power supply required (draws less than 1mA from the target).
- Target Voltage: 1.8V-5.0V
- Compatible with MPC5xx and MPC8xx families of microcontrollers.
- Includes USB cable, Type A Male to Type B Male, 6-ft.