PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Problems using Cyclone LC TC377T Not erased
Leo P. Jul 22, 2021 at 07:20 PM (19:20 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello, 
    I'm trying to flash with Cyclone LC to Infineon TC377.
    and the TCP file is "Infineon_TC37x_6MB_PFLASH_384KB_DFLASH.TCP 2021.2.2"
    I downloaded it on this site.
    I can write and verify but can not erase it. I found that when I was trying to flash with new one TC377, it was good but when I flashed it with other firmware it showed verify error. If I erase a TC377 with other tool like trase32. then it is OK.

I think it is similar problem to "Problems using Cyclone LC TC233LP"

Thanks,
    Leo

Comments

• Greetings,

I am about to release updated algorithms to fix the erasing and blank check issues with the current algorithms.

I just sent you the updated algorithms. Give them a try and let me know if it resolves your issue. These will be released very soon.

Takao

• Thanks a lot.
      Now the I can erase TC377.
      However when I try to program it shows "$3003: Program operation failed or was canceled" error.
      With the previous TCP, it does not show any error of "$3003".
      If the latest TCP of erase and the previous TCP of no error ""$3003" are combined, it will be the best.

Thanks a lot.

• Greetings,

Before you go off trying to automate in standalone programming, you should always debug your problems within PROG TRICORE, which is found within your cyclone software package. This will help determine your issue. Programming failures are typically do to something in flash not being erased. So after an erase, try running blank check. Maybe something is not completely erased. What happens if you use chip erase instead of erase module? Does it work better? This will help me determine if there are still issues with the algorithm.

Takao

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao

• I tried as you said with PROG TRICORE.
    The test result is
    1. Previous TCP
    - all of the erase function don't work : module,chip, range erase
    - Program function is very good. Even though obj file of intel HEX format has empty space address which not shown in the file. It seems to skip this blank area.

2. Latesr TCP
    - Rease function is very good
    - But I should fill the black area address with ox00 or 0xFF that means object file should continuous address without any missing address. If I uses same obj file like above #1, it shows error program error.

Thanks

• Greetings,

Any chance you can give me the HEX file so I can replicate this problem? I don't have a HEX file that shows this issue. If that is possible, please go to Support page -> Support requests and create a ticket for me so that you can attach a HEX file (please zip up the file first).

Takao

• Support Request ID # 30466

• I send an e-mail to sales-info@pemicro.com
    RE: PEmicro Support Request #30466 has been updated. :

Hello, customerservice

Takao Y. would follow-up this issue.
    I attach the file you asked.
    I will send another e-mail with zip’s password.

Thanks,

• Greetings,

Sales will not be helpful. Only contact them to make any purchases.
    Please contact technical-info at pemicro.com

Takao

• Then what is the e-mail address of technical-info. I will send the file to him.

• I already said it
    technical-info@pemicro.com

• Again, all you have to do is zip up the file and attach to the support request ticket. There is no need to email separately.

• I sorry that I could not upload the ZIP file because of our company firewall.
      Please send an e-mail you can receive the file.

Thanks

• You need to open the support request ticket within your account. Don't try to email it. Only within the ticket you can upload the file. 

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement