PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Where can I find the NXP s32r294 External Flash Algorithms?
huang x. Jun 29, 2021 at 01:07 AM (01:07 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• My device is PE Cyclone Universal, and I am try to create a image for nxp s32r294, the question is the "Cyclone Image Creation Utility" version 8.36 did not provide the algorithm for s32r294, what should I do next?

Comments

• Greetings,

When using image creation utility, you need to select "Qorivva" as your architecture selection under NXP. Then when selecting an algorithm, go to the "External flash algorithms" folder within the Qorivva category and you should search for the word "s32r294". I left at least 3 algorithms that should work for most set ups. If it does not work, then you need to go to our Support page -> Support requests and create a custom algo request. Send me your partial schematic and QSPI connections so I can take a look at making a new algo for you.

Takao

• Thank you very much!!!
      I found five algo files for s32r294, they are:
      ISSI_IS25WP064A,
      Winbond_W25Q32JW,
      Micron_MT25QU128ABB,
      Spansion_S25FS256S
      and Macronix_MX25U25645G

The schematic shows the flash type is IS25WP016D-JULA3, the connection as following:
      G1(Flash_SPI_CLK)<-->SCK
      G3(Flash_SPI_0) <-->SI
      G2(Flash_SPI_1) <-->SO
      H1(Flash_SPI_2) <-->WP
      H2(Flash_SPI_3) <-->HOLD
      J3(Flash_nCE) <-->CE

When I choose "ISSI_IS25WP064A_QuadSPI_S32R294.PCP" for the algo and try to programming, always get an error "$000A: Error writing data to target."

Just want to make sure, did I select the right algo file? or should I have to request a new algo?
      And is there any relations about efuse or other settings I forgot?

• Greetings,

Well choosing ISSI IS25WP064A will work on ISSI IS25WP064A flash. Not on ISSI IS25WP016D. So yes you will need to submit a new ticket on our support page and move forward there, not here in the forums.

Takao

• Thanks again for your rapid response.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement