PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone control API, toggle power on specified Cyclone?
Ante Z. Apr 30, 2021 at 01:01 AM (01:01 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Using 2 CycloneFX in one application.

Currently I use the special features function "CYCLONE_TOGGLE_POWER_NO_DEBUG". But this toggles power on the Cyclone that most recently received an API call.

It is not possible to set the "relaystatus" property with "setPropertyValue" function.

My question: Is there any way to toggle power on a specific Cyclone?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi Ante,

The "relaystatus" property can't be set with "setPropertyValue".

It looks like CYCLONE_TOGGLE_POWER_NO_DEBUG doesn't let you specify a handle. Generally, what happens is you program an image and then you use CYCLONE_TOGGLE_POWER_NO_DEBUG to toggle power to the target so the application runs.

Can you do to a simple function such as read back the firmware first on the specific Cyclone you want power to be toggled? Another option is you create a image that uses the RELAY ON or RELAY OFF commands.

Regards,
      Johnny

• Hi Ante,

Were you able to resolve this issue with my suggestion?

Regards,
        Johnny

• Thank you for your suggestions Johnny.

I created two seperate images, one with RELAY ON and the other with RELAY OFF.

The RELAY OFF command worked as expected. However, RELAY ON (by itself) would hold the device in reset, even when selecting the flag "drive RESET signal LOW after SAP operations".

So instead I used the RESET command. And this worked perfectly.

Your advice is highly appreciated!

• Hi Ante,

I want to look into that issue of RELAY ON holding a device in RESET. I don't think that is the right behavior. Did you check your reset pin on an oscilloscope and confirm that the RESET signal was always low? Please email me the two images that you created. The email address is technical-info@pemicro.com

Regards,
            Johnny
            PEMicro Support

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement