PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone ACP Rev.B lost its software
Mirko L. Apr 15, 2021 at 11:39 AM (11:39 hours)
Staff: Esteban G.

• One of our cyclone arm models Cyclone ACP Rev.B has lost its software and will not start anymore.
    It has turned off due to a false contact of the mains supply.
    Before turning off, a message similar to "PGA memory update in progress ...." was on the screen.
    Currently, only the LAN LEDs and the display light are accessed, but there are no writings.
    Is there a way to launch a firmwaret recovery by using a combination of keys or other ways to recover?
    Thank you
    Greetings

Comments

• Hi,

It seems like there may be an issue with the hardware.

I suggest you set up a support request on our page detailing the issue as you did here. We'll be able to help you there verifying the fault and giving you the options to get your Cyclone back working.

Best regards,
    Esteban

• ok thanks for the support.
    I have opened a support request on the dedicated page.
    Thank yo

• good morning
    I have entered a request on the support page but I am not receiving any response.
    I asked for an update but there is never an answer.
    I would like to know if for this programmer it is possible to launch the recovery mode of the firmware in some way (as in the cyclone LC) or if there is a way with some external programmer to reprogram it.
    Thanks for the support.

• Hi,

I'll contact support to make sure you receive a response promptly. You can enter Bootloader mode on the Cyclone ACP (the Cyclone with the touch screen) with the following sequence:

- Press the Reset button
    - Press the Start button
    - Release the Reset button
    - Tap the Cyclone LCD screen 3 times
    - Release the Start button

If you successfully enter Bootloader mode you can attempt to update the firmware in this mode and recover the corrupted Cyclone.

Best regards,
    Esteban

• This method is for the new cyclone LC.
      My model is the previous one which does not have a touch screen display, but has 5 keys (similar design to cyclone pro but bigger).
      I would like to know if the same mode described above is also present in this Cyclone ACP Rev.B model, if so what are the keys to press to get the bootloader mode.
      Thank you for the support.

• There is no bootloader mode in the Cyclone ACP versions. If the Cyclone is still in good condition, it may be reprogrammed in-house back to factory settings. Internal support will be able to help the process.

• We sent the programmer to P&E
    via a support case.
    We are awaiting the outcome of the repair.
    Thank you.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement