PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Is BDM Multilink Cable Parallel able to program MC9S12XEP100?
James H. Feb 17, 2021 at 10:13 AM (10:13 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hi,

We have been working with BDM Multilink Cable Parallel for almost 15 years due to a legacy product which uses HCS12DP512. Therefore, we have 4 BDM Multilink Cable Parallel.

Now, we are designing a new product based on MC9S12XEP100. Is BDM Multilink Cable Parallel able to program MC9S12XEP100? I hope it does otherwise we our 4 parallel BDMs will be of no use.

Besides, PE micro product description says "BDM Multilink Interface parallel port cable for MC9(S)12(X) and HCS08 microcontrollers"

Regards,
    James

Further Information
    We are using CodeWarrior® Development Studio for HCS12(X) Microcontrollers (Classic IDE) v5.2 and BDM Multilink Cable Parallel Port Interface.

Comments

• James,

The BDM Multilink Cable Parallel should be able to program the MC9S12XEP100 but I can't be sure. This is a very old legacy cable that was only supported on Windows XP 32 bit. I don't even have any Windows XP PCs around the office to test it for you.

If your PC recognizes the BDM Multilink, then I think you should also be able to use it in Codewarrior for HCS12(X) v5.2 for debugging and flashing.

If you have a newer OS like Windows 10 x64, you'll have to purchase the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL. http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320168&productTab=1

Regards,
    Johnny
    PEmicro

• Johnny,

Thanks for your answer.

> If your PC recognizes the BDM Multilink, then I think you should also be able to use it in Codewarrior for HCS12(X) v5.2 for debugging and flashing.

My PC recognizes BDM (parallel) Multilink but only on Codewarrior v3.2.

Do you know if is it possible to use Codewarrior v5.2 and BDM (parallel) Multilink? We've checked and there is an option of parallel interface but it is not working.

Regards,
      James

• James,

I don't think it is possible. When I create a project for the MC9S12XEP100 in Codewarrior v5.2, the options available for the connection are "Full Chip Simulation", "P&E USB BDM Multilink", "P&E Cyclone (USB)", "P&E Cyclone (Serial)", "P&E Cyclone (TCPIP)". BDM Multilink is not an option.

You will likely need to go with a Multilink Universal or Cyclone Universal.

Regards,
        Johnny

• Johnny,

Ok, I got it. I really appreciated your help

Have a good day,
    James

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement