PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
USB Multilink Universal not found
Helmut G. Sep 10, 2020 at 09:24 AM (09:24 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I´ve on an old PC an own written Software which is using a USB Multilink Universal. to comunicate with Multilink we have unit_12z library.
    Now we would move our software to a new Windows 10 Workstation. But here unit_12z found no USB Multilink. I´ve installed all drivers. Your software "driver-test" did not display any problems. Your software "PEFirmwareConfig" find the Multilink. What could be the prolem with our software?

I wrote another little test-program:

auto main(int, const char**) -> int
    {
    std::cout << "loading unit_12z.dll: ";
    bool res = ::load_dll();
    std::cout << std::boolalpha << res << std::endl;
    res = ::reenumerate_all_port_types();
    std::cout << "reenumerate all port types: " << res << std::endl;
    for(int i = 0; i <= 6; ++i)
    {
    std::cout << "found multilinks: " << get_enumerated_number_of_ports(i)
    << std::endl;
    }
    ::unload_dll();
    }

OUTPUT:
    loading unit_12z.dll: true
    reenumerate all port types: true
    found multilink: 0

it works on old PC without problems and find the USB Muktilink, but not on new Windows 10 workstation.

some help or hints would be nice.

greets from germany

Helmut

Comments

• Guten Tag,

What is the version of UNIT_12Z.DLL you are using? Right-click on it -> Properties -> Details to find the version. It could be that your version is too old to work on the latest operating systems.

Takao

• Hi,

version is 2.78.0.0

• Greetings,

Check out our release notes:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=51&productTab=2

You will find that your version had latest driver support in year 2012 for the new Windows 7 machines coming out.

The version you need to support Win 10 is at minimum v6.48 of year 2017.
    You can purchase a new version on our website on the same page I just gave you.

Takao

• ok, thx for your help.

greets from germany

Helmut

• Hi,

we did buy the new library and it works. But when I wanna work with the Multilink I´ve to activate our license. I have installation code, registration code and activation code. But when I try to validate our software always a window apears:

---------------------------
    Error
    Error - The Activation Code entered is not valid for this software. Please check that you have entered both the Installation Code and Activation Code correctly.
    OK

What to do now?

greets

Helmut

• Greetings,

License questions we need to handle in a support request on our support page, because I don't want you or me to disclose any customer specific data on the public forums. So please create a ticket and I can help you with the activation problem.

Takao

• Recently bought a Multilink Universal debugger probe.
    The debugger sees the target chip we are attempting to program.
    All goes well, right up to the actual 'run' part of the program.
    We get a error 32, where the PORT described is PORT=USB1.
    We are using Win 7. Everything driver wise is up to date.
    I suspect that the syntax is not matching for the PORT1.
    The hardware manager on the computer shows the Multilink is on PORT1 of HUB2.
    PORT=#0001 HUB=#0002. WHAT IS THE MULTILINK LOOKING FOR????? It IS
    communicating with the target but when executing the running program to update
    the software on the chip, it comes back with error 32. So, either the
    software is not being executed due to the port syntax when communicating to the
    multilink, or it's not communicating with the port of the Target.....
    Which is it? The IC is MC9S12DG128VFUE. What gives? ????!!!!

PS. THIS PROGRAM WE ARE RUNNING HAS RUN ON OTHER MACHINES BEFORE. Did port
    syntax change between XP and Win 7?

• Greetings,

Could you open PROG12Z software and connect to your multilink? Are you able to enter debug mode and be prompted for an algorithm? If so, then we know your multilink and hardware connection is fine. Then if you plan on using CPROG12Z then we need to look at your BAT file or command-line parameters.

Error 32 indicates the software cannot detect the USB port, and therefore it cannot find your multilink. Find all error codes in our CPROG documentation.

The use of USB1 is discouraged now because this could change from computer to computer, setup to setup. Instead, if you open PROG12Z, you will find that your multilink has a PE number (e.g. PEM2C7E5E, so PORT=PEM2C7E5E). More information in the CPROG documentation. Use this identifier instead in your BAT file or command-line so that no matter what port it is connected on it will work. The only time this would not work is if you have multiple different multilinks being used at this computer.

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement