Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Multilink ACP draws down 100ma 5volt regulator
Gary C. Feb 7, 2018 at 05:40 PM (17:40 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Upon connecting my Multilink ACP to my target, the 5 volt target supply is dragged down to 2.9 volts.  A Cyclone in the same circuit works fine.  Is there something wrong with my Multilink ACP or does it draw a substantial amount of current?

Comments

• Greetings,

Measure VDD and GND on the JTAG/SWD port and see what voltage reading you get there. If that is zero volts, then you have a short. Most likely the multilink will be warm and may have a burnt smell due to a diode burning out.

The only other thing I can think of is there is something connected to ground on your VDD line. Check your schematic and see if you have any diode, capacitor, or other component that may be dropping the voltage to GND.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks Takao for your response.
      Since the circuit works with my Cyclone, I'm assuming my target circuit is functioning properly. Perhaps at one point there was more than 5v applied to the multilink from the target end.
      Can I/you repair the Multilink ACP?

• Greetings,

Yes, you can send us your multilink for repair/replacement. I have created a RMA ticket for you. Please follow the instructions on the email and we look forward to receiving your unit. Cost is To Be Determined once we figure out from our diagnostics whether it needs repair or must be completely replaced.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement