Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Use of diverse type of SW files (.s19, .bin, etc) in SDK
Joan P. Feb 6, 2018 at 06:42 AM (06:42 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi all,

first of all, many thanks in advance for your support.
    Is there any way to flash directly a no SAP file (s19 or bin) using Cyclone SDK (in C#)?
    It will be great to select the Cyclone device and, instead of the SAP, load the algorithm, the SW file in s19 and proceed with the desired instructions (Blank check, program module, erase...).

Best regards,

Joan

Comments

• Greetings,

Not within the SDK, but within your cyclone software package you will find our CPROG software. You can do an external call for CPROG to do exactly what you described, which is to load the algorithm and program.

If you do not see our CPROG software, then you need to let me know which cyclone you are using and which device you are trying to program so I can point you in the right direction.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Mr. Yamada,

thanks a lot for your fast feedback.
      I've used in the past the cyclone to flash manually but I'm quite new on this kind of issues (Automated control of a programmer with 3 micro to be flashed, MPC5746C and S9KEAZN8 using Cyclone MAX and MC9S08SG32 using Cyclone PRO).
      I've the correct .exe for this micros (PROGPPCNEXUS, PROGACMP and PROGHCS08 and also the CPROGxxx.exe).
      Could I ask you for a sample code for calling one of your CPROG.exe with all their settings in VB6 or similar?

Best regards,

Joan

• Greetings,

I'm not familiar with VB6, but typically you open an external application by opening a shell like:

shell("C:\pemicro\proghcs08\cproghcs08.exe myconfig.cfg interface=cyclone port=usb1")

Just google search "How do I open an external application in VB6"

Takao Yamada

• Hi Mr.Yamada,

today I've been able to try your recomendation without success.
    I'm able to launch the CPROGHCS08.EXE from VB6 using the Shell instruction but the C.Pro doesn't act in anyway (I've even accidentally lost all the SAP files stored on it).

Bellow the instruction line used in the code:

Shell ("C:\PEMicro\cyclone\InteractiveProgrammer\cproghcs08_cyclone.exe C:\JOAN-BCCM_PFC_0514_ALL.cfg interface=CYCLONE port=USB1")

and bellow my config file:

; Automatically generated configuration file
    ; Silicon Manufacturer is NXP
    ; Silicon Architecture is HCS08
    ;
    ;
    ; RESET_DELAY 0
    ;
    :SAPGUIVERSION 362E3638
    :USEPRORELAY
    :DEVICEPOWER 0
    :POWERDOWNDELAY 250
    :POWERUPDELAY 250
    :POWEROFFONEXIT 0
    :CUSTOMTRIMREF 39062.50
    :DRIVEBKGDLOW 0
    :NEWIMAGE
    :DESCRIBEIMAGE 12/21/2017 1:47:54 PM
    CM C:\PEMicro\cyclone\supportfiles\supportFiles_HCS08\9S08SG16_20MHZ.S8P
    SS C:\Users\JPratsbaldrich\Desktop\PFCCB SW - OBP ISSUES\SW PFCCB\E12209001_SW-AB\BCCM_PFC_0514_ALL.s19
    EN ;Erase if not Blank
    PM ;Program Module
    VC ;Verify Checksum
    PT ;Program Trim

I'm able to see the CPROGHCS08 giving some error but, unfortunatelly, it's getting closed before I can read the error code.

Is there any obvious error by my side or do you find it correct enought?

Best regards,

Joan

• Greetings,

CFG files used in creating a SAP image is different from CFG files used in CPROG. Very similar but there are SAP-only settings in the header of the file that should be omitted. Please find the CPROG user manual for more information, but in summary remove all of the items that have ":xxxxx" stuff at the top of the file. The first thing I should see in this file is your CM command.

While debugging this issue, change your Shell call so that you use the "?" parameter to stop the software from closing after an error. Again, read the CPROG user manual found in the same folder as the CPROG software to learn more about what parameters are available and how to use them.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Mr Yamada,

thanks for your reply.
    I really thought that using a config file extracted from an OK SAP image no problems will appear (I suposed to far...).
    I'll try to use the simplest config file (just select the S8P, load the s.19, erase and flash) and will let you know.

As always many thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Joan

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement