Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Have a production board with an MSP432 that will not program
Helen W. Jan 31, 2018 at 03:31 AM (03:31 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have reached a predicament.

I have a production board with an MSP432(http://www.kynix.com/Detail/1326609/MSP432P401RIPZR.html) that will not program. To provide some context, I am using the XDS110 that is supplied with the MSP432 launchpad and am simply running jumper wires (approx 10cm) to the target. After some basic troubleshooting, I have come to a conclusion that the MSP432 would have to be factory reset.

I have followed the factory reset procedure outlined by TI but the process fails when running the GEL file, giving me an error of:

[i]CS_DAP_0: Trouble Writing Register DP_RESET: (Error -1170 @ 0x2) Unable to access the DAP. Reset the device, and retry the operation. If error persists, confirm configuration, power-cycle the board, and/or try more reliable JTAG settings (e.g. lower TCLK). (Emulation package 7.0.48.0)

No connection possible. This could be caused by the device having gone to low power mode and disabling JTAG PINs. You have the option to either toggle reset or try to use SWD instead.

MSP432_Factory_Reset() cannot be evaluated. Target failed to write register DP_RESET at DP_RESET=1 [msp432_factory_reset.gel:44] at MSP432_Factory_Reset()[/i]

This test was performed with identical settings to the MSP launchpad defaults with the only exception of a lowered JTAG clock speed on 100kHz.

This leads me to my other findings when performing a boundary scan test on all different debugging modes, the only mode that fails is 2-Wire mode with an error of '-233' (0xffffff17). One would think that if the 4-Wire mode was to pass, the 2-Wire mode would pass as well.

Question: Could this be a hardware issue? Is it a case of missing pull up/down resistors? (from my understanding the MSP432 datasheet instructs only a pull down on SWO)

Comments

• Greetings,

We do not support the MSP43x devices at P&E. Nor are you using any P&E products in your setup. There is not much I can say to help you out. Good luck on your project. I highly suggest posting on TI's forums or speaking with their technical support team.

If you work on a future project using our products, then we would be happy to help you.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement