Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
License problem
Eric L. Jan 22, 2018 at 10:02 PM (22:02 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

We bought PROG12Z in 2015 Q2,and install it on our colleague's (called A) laptop A1.

However, A was left our company in 2015 Q3, and A's laptop A1 was too old so we scrapped it. So we transfer our license to another colleague (called B) and install it on his laptop B1.

Now B install PROG12Z on his backup laptop B2 and cannot activate. The error messages shows he have reach maximum activation.

We think we are still obeying license policy (two machine with same user).

I report this problem by support ticket, and Anita says we have registered 3 person (A,B,C) on this license code. However, as i know, colleague C has his own license, and install on his laptop C1.

Can you help us to solve this problem ?

• Greetings,

Anita is our license manager. You will have to work with her to resolve this issue. From what I can see, Anita is correct that the license you are mentioning does have 3 people using it. This is a breach of our license agreement/policy. However, from the same order and invoice user C does have a separate license but it is shared with user B. So you have lots of mix up and confusion and not obeying the license policy.

Please work with Anita telling her to look into the same order and invoice to see there is a second license and that you want user C to have his own license and user B to take on the license from user A. With this fix, that should clean up the licenses you guys are using.

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

Now we get an extra activation for user B. Thank you.

However, I would like to suggest you to add deactivation feature when user uninstall PROG12Z program in order to provide more flexibility. With this feature we don't need to bother you when we transfer license.

Can you tell me is it possible ?

• Greetings,

No, right now we cannot deactivate an activation because people will continue to not obey the license policy.

Takao Yamada

• Takao,

I know it is difficult to ask everyone follow the rule.

However, we will continue purchase license for new user.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement