Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
How can I get a SAP file from the hardware?
Minki C. Jan 19, 2018 at 03:05 AM (03:05 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• How can I get a SAP file from the hardware?

I am using MPC5606BRM and I have no idea how to get a SAP file from the hardware. If possible, I want to know how to use prog.exe file.

Comments

• Greetings,

You cannot get the SAP file from your cyclone. Once the SAP file is inside the cyclone, it is encrypted and unable to read. Even our engineers here at P&E cannot access the SAP images. It is a security feature so no one can steal intellectual property.

You can learn how to use the PROG software by reading the user manual:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=465

After reading the manual, try using the PROG software and you can let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Takao Yamada

• There's no need to get the SAP file from the actual hardware (Cyclone programmer)
    Just program your micro with the Cyclone programmer, then upload the newly written *.S19 file from the micro you just programmed. SAP file is just a programming container, so to speak, for the all important S19 file. You can then create your own SAP file from this newly uploaded S19 file using the PEMicro CreateImage utility.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement