Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Arduino Due (Atmel SAM3X8E) and the MultiLink Universal
Paul M. Dec 13, 2017 at 04:47 PM (16:47 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I have a PE Micro MultiLink Universal that I have been using with the Motorola/Freescale/NXP HCS08 with associated assembler, programmer and debug software and it works pretty well. I am investigating a project that uses the Arduino Due which is an Atmel ARM-based board. The PE Micro website indicates that the MultiLink supports Atmel ARM-based processors such as the SAMXXX which is what the Aruino Due uses. I am wondering whether this debug interface can be used by the Arduino IDE and/or the Atmel Studio 7. I have downloaded the programming algorithms ZIP file for the MultiLink and created a sub-directory called C:\pemicro\PROGACMP which did not exist previously but the instructions for the download indicated that it should be placed here. Is "PROGACMP" a directory for a product that I don't have? What will I need to get my MultiLink Universal to work with the Arduino Due and the Arduino IDE? (I just installed version 1.8.5). I would also like to get it to work with Atmel's Studio 7. If all of this fails I will just purchase an Atmel-ICE but I would like to see if the MultiLink Universal will work with the Atmel hardware and the development tools I discussed above. 

Thanks

Comments

• Greetings,

We wish we could get our tools working in Atmel Studio 7. Unfortunately they went down the route of using Visual Studio for their IDE instead of Eclipse-based IDE like most other companies. Our free ARM GDB plugin works on most Eclipse-based IDE to be able to flash program and debug devices.

PROGACMP is a software you can purchase from our website to be able to flash program your SAMXXX device. Unfortuantely we do not have an evaluation or time-limited trial version of our PROGACMP software:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320138

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement