Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Problem with Cyclone Image Creation Utility Version 6.22.00.055
Saulo S. Aug 25, 2017 at 09:09 AM (09:09 hours)
Staff: Huajun L.

• I got a Cyclone FX, and after I upgrade my computer with the Cyclone Image Creation Utility Version 6.22.00.055, I’m facing some issues:

*Every time that I open the program, it gives me an error: “Value is not valid for this field type”. Then I click on “OK” and it opens correctly;

*When I use the option “Save Cyclone Configuration”, the “save” button of the dialog box is named with “open”. (It works properly, just the name is wrong);

*All the cyclone configurations that I save with the option “Use custom trim reference frequency” checked, doesn’t work when I use the option “Load Cyclone Configuration” (I don’t think it is a problem with my image, for it works correctly with “Store Image to Cyclone” and “Store Image to Disk”);

*Every time that I close the Cyclone Image Creation Utility, it gives me “I/O error 32”.

Obs.: the up to now, the Cyclone Image Management Utility Version 6.22.00.04 is working fine.

Comments

• Hi Saulo,

Would you please send me you cfg file? My email address is huajun.liu@pemicro.com

The first error message has something to do with a value not converted properly.

The "Save" vs "Open" button is a Delphi code issue. We use save dialog but it shows "Open". Frustrating to me as well.

I cannot reproduce the custom trim issue. I looked at the code, if the custom trim value is within range, it shows up properly. If it is out of range, it will show the default.

Regarding I/O error 32: Please make sure the installation folder for the Cyclone is not write protected.

Thanks
    Huajun

• Hi Huajun and Saulo,

I have the same identical problem with 6.68.00.00 version.
    immediately after the 1st installation works correctly, but if I open CycloneControlGUI, I close it and go back to open Image Creation then it fails and gives me the messages described by Saulo. To restore correct functions I must have to uninstall everything and install again

Thanks
    Fabrizio

• I use ARM device,
    Algorithm: freescale_s9keazn64m4_pflash_eeprom

• it don't works correctly with “Store Image to Cyclone” and “Store Image to Disk": the image .SAP result 0byte

• Hi Fabrizio!
      I use other microcontroller…
      Maybe you are facing this problem for something wrong that you are doing, or maybe it is for the Cyclone Image bug…
      I think you are from Italy… is it write? If so…. And you use the option “Use custom trim reference frequency” The problem that you are facing is the decimal separator… Basically these new Cyclone Image Creator versions have a bug that can’t deal with it... if that is your problem here is how to deal with it:
      *every time that you use the option “Use custom trim reference frequency” to generate the image (or directly store on Cyclone) UNCHECK it before close the Cyclone Image Creation Utility.
      *if sometime you forgot to uncheck the box, go to your installation folder, and delete the files: “createIMage_settings.ini” and “cyclone.liu”. Then there will be no need to reinstall the program

Cheers,

• *right

• hi Saulo,
    yes I'm from Italy...
    thanks for your informations. In the meantime I found the solution in another section of the forum and I saw that this error is rather dated. The solution is relatively simple but what I do not understand is why pemicro does not solve this bug.
    thanks again and good work.

Reagards
    Fabrizio F.

• hi Saulo,
    yes I'm from Italy...
    thanks for your informations. In the meantime I found the solution in another section of the forum and I saw that this error is rather dated. The solution is relatively simple but what I do not understand is why pemicro does not solve this bug.
    thanks again and good work.

Reagards
    Fabrizio F.

• Hi Fabrizio and Saulo,

The problem was caused by certain language settings automatically replace a period with comma which can't be translated to correct real value. For example, if you specify 32768.00 in the trim frequency, your system will save it as 32768,00 in the configuration file.

I believe you can change your language settings to correct this issue.

Best Regards
    Huajun

• Yes!
      I found out this problem on October 20th 2017, and Huajun Liu (I think it is you) said thanks to Johnny…
      The thing is that the problem is not my language settings, but the poor software quality of Cyclone Image Creation that can’t make the correct write/open of the config file.
      Also there are a lot of bugs and errors that I tell you Staff, and you guys just say: “Oh it Frustrating to me as well”, as you can see on the "comment#2" at this topic…
      It seems that on each version there are more bugs then earlier ones…

• We have identified situations like this and improved our software to handle them. Our next released software will have it corrected. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best Regards
    Huajun

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement