Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
PROGPPCNEXUS & MPC5748G Censorship Key
Colin O. May 30, 2017 at 07:09 AM (07:09 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

On the MPC5748G (and other similar devices in this range), the JTAG censorship password is 256-bit (and also with restriction on valid passwords).

I haven't enabled censorship yet as it seems on the PROGPPCNEXUS it only accepts a shorter password (presumably for the older models). Will that (a) be fixed, and (b) is there some work-around to send it? I'm not too familiar with 'algorithm' programming syntax but if you are able to write a longer key to the JTAGC register that should work.

Thanks,

-Colin

Comments

• I meant "also WITHOUT restriction" - the MPC5748G UG says any valid 1/0 pattern is valid.

• Greetings,

I have already implemented 256-bit censorship password since October of last year starting version PROGPPCNEXUS v6.9.0.0.

Any questions about software upgrades should be asked in Support page -> Support requests. Do not disclose your license information here on a public forum.

Takao Yamada

• Shoot sorry - for some reason I thought I was using the most recent version of it, but had checked against the wrong reference! Am requesting that now as still have a support contract...

Thanks for the quick response!

-Colin

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement