Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Problem programming multiple devices if one fails
Chris P. Apr 24, 2017 at 09:12 AM (09:12 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I am using a Multilink USB_ML-UNIVERSAL-FX REV B to program multiple devices in a panel using BDM. The RESET and BCKGND pins are switched to a single device at a time through analog mutiplexors. 

If I have a fresh panel of 12 devices, with all 12 present, I can program them perfectly happily. However, lets say I have one missing, but I accidentally try and program it: In this case I get the expected "target MCU is not responding" and ulimately error 34 : "Cannot enter background mode" error.

My problem is, that once I have had this error, even when I reconnect to a device that exists (including one that I have previously programmed on the panel), this error persists. Powering off the panel doesnt fix it, so it doesnt appear to be a device issue. I have to pull the USB lead out of the programmer in order to be able to program ANY subsequent device.

This happens whether I power the device from the programmer (JP10), or remotely.

Can anybody help me to explain the persistent error and/or enable me to reset the programmer remotely?

Comments

• For clarity:
      I am using CPROGHCS08 invoked from a DOS batch file which itself is invoked from a windows(7) app.

• If possible can you provide the logs for the failing case?

• Greetings,

Has this issue been resolved?

Takao Yamada

• Still struggling, but it appears to be a hardware issue... I am only sub contracted to write the s/w. Workaround seems to be multiple reset re-tries .. I have queried the thirdparty hardware manufacturer. I suspect an incorrect reset configuration with marginal values

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement