Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
SRESET and TVCC pins in MPC5XX BDM port
Andres V. Feb 10, 2017 at 09:59 AM (09:59 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Hello,
    I have some doubts about how these pins actually works.

a) Is it mandatory for SRESET (pin 2 of BDM connector) to be connected to the HRESET pin of the MPC555 device? I have to upload the complete program memory (located in an external flash IC, connected to the processor). The processor and memory are placed in a board where I have not easy access to the HRESET pin of the MPC555. I am going to use multilink universal-FX + PROGPPCZ software.

b) The MPC555 device is powered by the board with 3.3V and 5V. Could I connect TVCC (pin 9 of BDM conector) to 5V instead of 3.3V so that multilink-fx can detect that the processor is powered on?. That is because I have a relatively easier access to a 5V node in the board.
    Does the voltage level at this pin determines the logic voltage levels to be applied to the processor by multilink?. As I said before, the board actually powers the processor, I am not using multilink-FX to this end.

Many thanks for your answers.
    Best regards,
    Andres

Comments

• In my previous post, question a), I actually meant to say whether it is mandatory to connect Pin 2 of the BDM connector (SRESET) to SRESET pin of the MPC555. I understand that pin 7 of the BDM connector (HRESET) has to be connected to HRESET pin of the MPC555. Thanks

• a) We can reset the part by driving SRESET or HRESET. SRESET is optional. I recommend that you connect the processor's HRESET to our HRESET/RESET pin.

b) Whatever the voltage the processor is operating at, you should connect the same voltage to TVCC.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement