Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Partial Flash and erase of MM9z1_638 using Cyclone universal FX
Pranav B. Feb 9, 2017 at 11:04 AM (11:04 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Greetings,

I am trying to flash into MM9z1_638 using cyclone universal FX. I am using image creation utility tool to create SAP files. Flashing works fine when device is empty. For an example first I flashes bootloader to the device using SAP file. It is being flashed correctly. After that I flashes the application to the device. Since addresses for bootloader and application is different, they are being flashed correctly. Now I want to replace just application with new application. When I try to flash it using erase option in algorithm, It erases whole device including old bootloader. When I don't use erase option in the algorithm ,It gives me an error. How can I partially flash or erase the device?

Thanks,

Comments

• Greetings,

If you program over bytes that are already programmed, that will cause an error. In flash technology you can only program from a high bit to a low bit.

Unless the algorithm has the ability to do block erasing, you will two options:

1) Reprogram both the boot and application.

2) Duplicate the algorithm you are currently using and modify one to do preserve range. Here are instructions on how to do this:
    https://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=47

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Did preserve range work?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement