Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
CDC Serial port not working on KL25Z with MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v118.sda
Nick S. Feb 6, 2017 at 06:01 PM (18:01 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• I have a FRDM-KL25Z connected to a PC running windows 7 x64 SP1 through a USB cable to the SDA port.

Board Name is: FRDM-KL25Z
    MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.01
    Bootloader Version is: 1.11
    Installed Application: PEMicro FRDM-KL25Z Mass Storage/Debug App
    Application Version is: 1.18

With this configuration I can see and open the OpenSDA CDC serial port within TeraTerm and I can confirm that I can send characters to the board, but I never get any characters back to the terminal application. All the rest of the functionality seems fine.

Examining the USB packet activity I see the device enumerate and poll the serial port (endpoints 3 and 5) for about 6 seconds. Then the USB sends out a reset and re-enumerates, but after the second enumeration it no longer polls the serial port endpoints 3 and 5, but outgoing characters are still sent on endpoint 4.

If I replace the SDA firmware with DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v108.SDA then the serial port works fine (but I lose the MSD).

Most of the computers work fine with the MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v118 application firmware, but one or two do not. I have seen other references to this problem (in the comments at the bottom of this article https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/10/12/fixing-the-usb-drivers/ ) but I have not seen any solution.

Has anyone resolved this issue ?

Comments

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement