Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
FRGM-KL46Z no MBED flash drive
John W. Jan 23, 2017 at 06:01 PM (18:01 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• Hi, I have been developing an application on a FRGM-KL46Z. Now the MBED flash drive has gone and will not come back. I can get into the BOOTLOADER flash drive in the usual way and the SDA_INFO.HTM indicates I have:
    Board Name is: FRDM-KL46Z48M
    MicroBoot Kernel Version is: 1.05
    Bootloader Version is: 1.09
    Application Version is: 0.00
    and no application name.
    Following the instructions for upgrading the bootloader I copied the BOOTUPDATEAPP_Pemicro_v111.sda onto the bootloader but disconnecting the usb and reconnecting the usb does not seem to update the bootloader even after waiting a long time. Similarly trying to install MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_vvvv.sda for v114 and v118 does exactly the same thing. No change reporte in the SDA_INFO.HTM on the BOOTLOADER.
    What do next?

JohnW

Comments

• Hi John, 

What operating system are you working under? According to Bootloader version, you are running an older Bootloader which does not work under Windows 8 and 10.

In order to properly update the Bootloader using BOOTUPDATEAPP, you would need to do it on a PC running Windows XP or Windows 7.

Once the update takes place, you would have to start up the board in Bootloader mode again and drop the latest MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_v118.SDA firmware in it.

The latest OpenSDA firmware collection can be downloaded from our webpage at:

www.pemicro.com/OpenSDA.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Hi,

Sadly it's Windows 10. I found the default drivers totally un-usable so installed the PEDrivers v12.4 and all seemed to work except when the drive disappears when I reset or power down/up the FRGM-KL46Z is blows away the instance of explorer that was previously used to copy files to MBED or BOOTLOADER. I will try on a Windows-XP machine.

Thanks

John W.

• Hi Robert, 

After doing a Bootloader update under Windows XP/7, and dropping the latest application into the board you should have no problem using it under Windows 10 with the latest P&E drivers.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• Hi,
    Installed the bootloader v1.11 and openSDA v1.18 using a Windows XP system and it worked. Now back on Windows 10 with the up to date drivers and back to developing application.

Thanks very much.
    John W.

• Hi John, 

Thank you for the update. Very happy you got your setup up and running!

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement