Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
how to make the MCU control the u_cyclone by RS232
jinde w. Jan 6, 2017 at 02:52 AM (02:52 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Our company bought a U-cyclone burning device, need to use a MCU through the RS232 control
    So I would like to know whether to buy the corresponding package to support our work. Including whether there is a C language driver example.
    The question is if the purchase of Licesence can only be installed on the PC 5 times, does it also related to my MCU restrictions?

Comments

• Hi Jinge,

I think I understand what you are trying to do and please clarify where I am not correct. You will develop an embedded C-application that will run on a host board. The application will send commands through an onboard RS232 to control the Cyclone Universal to program a second board.

The Enterprise license restricts you to loading the DLL onto 5 PCs. Since the RS-232 protocol doesn't require the DLL, you are not affected by this limit.

How are you planning on programming the C-application onto the host board?

Are you okay with the Cyclone Universal being pre-loaded with a SAP image so that your application only has to send one command to start programming?

-Johnny

• I want to  choose the SAP image which in the Cyclone Universal,and start programming and receive the result of ok or not . so we wants to buy the communication protocol which without restrictions.
    Is it ok?

The communication protocol based on C language and then download to MCU.

In the C environment(Keil uvision2), Make advantage of the communication protocol written into a program and send to my MCU .Is it OK?

I will program the C-application by myself .so I just know the RS-232 protocol,and be sure there is no restriction about it .and then buy it.
    if there is ok We will sign a contract to the beijin company.
    please gave me the information as soon as possible.

thanks.

• Hi Jinde,

Yes you can choose a SAP image that is already stored on the Cyclone Universal (you can store up to 8).

The RS-232 protocol allows you to send hex commands directly so you don't need to load any DLLs. The protocol is only available as part of the Enterprise Edition.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• I need the rs232 communication protocol to command from the pc to the emulator.
    The image file was saved in the emulator.
    In order to WRITING this saved file I need COMMAND to command from PC.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement