Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Partition device with P&E multilink and pegdbserver
Simon H. Nov 23, 2016 at 02:16 AM (02:16 hours)
Staff: Gerardo R.

• I am using the pegdbserver_console to program a NXP K20FX512M12 without an IDE by first launching the server:
    pegdbserver_console.exe -startserver -singlesession -device=NXP_K2x_K20FX512M12

And then connecting to the server with GDB and executing commands to program the target:
    target remote localhost:7224
    monitor reset
    load application.elf
    detach
    quit

I would like to partition the EEPROM (FlexNVM) at this stage as well. It looks like the algorithm (freescale_k20fx512m12_pflash_dflash_eeprom.arp) has a 'PA' command, and I'd like to know how to execute this command and supply my partition configuration.

In KDS, under the debugger's advanced options, there is a 'program partition' section with 'enable partitioning for the device' where I can supply the value 3007 to create my partitions with the IDE. How can I supply this value with either GDB or using the pegdbserver_console?

Comments

• You can try submitting the command "monitor partition 1 <partition_value>" to GDB. We don't officially support this kind of usage with our command line server so I can't really offer any more insight than that.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement