Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Does Multilink Universal Rev B support Nordic nRF52
. Nov 9, 2016 at 03:01 PM (15:01 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• I have two Rev B of Multilink Universal. Does this programmer support Nordic's nRF52?

Comments

• You will need to upgrade to the Multilink Universal Rev C to program nordic processors.

Best,

Kevin

• What the? I looked at a page on PE Micro a few weeks ago and it said there was NO difference between the green universal and blue universal. So I did not order one as I have a green one. Now, after a day of getting errors, I finally find this page and it says they ARE different. Now I'm going to lose valuable time on my project. Thanks guys!

• PROGACMP Version / Revision: 5.43
      Operating System: Windows XP

We purchased a new USB-ML device because we only had Rev B devices and Rev C or later was apparently required to program Nordic Semi nrf51 devices.

With the new USB-ML I am not able to get our PROGACMP to recognise the target device and now I suspect the PROGACMP software is also incapable even with the nrf5x algorithms installed/selected?

How can I find out for sure what is needed? Did we even need the new USB-ML or
      would Rev B been OK?

What firmware is needed in the USB-ML?

What version of PROGACMP is needed and can we download an update?

• Greetings,

If you ever have questions whether or not your software can support a device, always check the release notes on the PROGACMP website.

PROGACMP v5.74.00.00
    16 June 2016
    - Adds Nordic Semiconductor support for Arm Cortex devices

You will need newer software to support the Nordic devices. Your hardware should be just fine to support Nordic devices.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement