Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Secure flash STM32 target
Akhil k. Oct 12, 2016 at 03:08 AM (03:08 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• Hi,

How can we add flash protection through cyclone image creation utility and cyclone after flashing?

Comments

• Akhil,

What device are you using? Most STM32 devices have an option bytes algorithm that will add protection.

Best,

Kevin

• Hi,

Thanks.

Device-STM32L071CBT6.
      If we use option bytes file how can we create this file for Stm32 flash?
      Or simply adding those algorithm in SAP will give protection?

• Use the following algorithm: ST_STM32L071CB_1x32x8_OptionBytes.arp.

You will need to provide an S19 that sets the option byte region to a protected value.

If you need an example, create a support request and mention KevinM (my name in the request, and I will provide you an s19

• Hi, 

Other than this option byte loading method is it possible do this through any commands in SAP creation?

• You can put all of these programming steps into your sap creation script. (you can load more than one algorithm at a time.

Best,

Kevin

• Hi,

Thanks for reply.
      But here we need to give an extra s19 file for option byte configuration. So by any chance is it possible avoid this?

• Akhil,

I'd be happy to create a custom algorithm for you, but it will take a bit of time since I am out for vacation soon. I can promise you one by November 11th

• Thank you.

• Akhil,

Would you like options for read or write protect or both?

Best,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

Sorry for delay.

Regarding this STM32L target will confirm once soon.
    But now can you please help me to make an algorithm for option byte programming in Stm8s003f3 target?

Akhil.

• Hi Akhil,

The STM8 algorithms already allow for Option Byte programming. There is a User Function in the algorithms called "Write Option Byte" which you can use to program the option bytes in your device.

Esteban

• Akhil,

Do you still need an stm32 alg?

• Hi Kevin,

It might be needed in future.

• Hi,
    If we need to enable any option byte other than ROP bit in STM32 target can we make a hex file from STVP and use?
    May i know what is the use of "LAUNH OPTIONBYTES" command?

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement