Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Standalone GDB server for Qorivva
Patrick O. Jul 13, 2016 at 07:10 PM (19:10 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

I have recently installed the NXP S32 Design Studio for Power v1.1 development environment.

I don't need any of the eclipse or gcc functionality in this huge install, I only need the pegdbserver_power_console application.

Is there a way to install the GDB server standalone?

Thanks,

Patrick

Comments

• Greetings,

We do not support standalone GDB servers. Right now it is tied to the S32 IDE.

Is there a reason why you need one? Are you trying to do some flash programming? Debugging?

Takao Yamada

• Hi Takao,

we do not use Eclipse at the company I work for.

Our development environment is vim/emacs, git, make, gcc & gdb.

We have many gdb scripts to assist in debugging our application.

We previously used a Macraigor JTAG interface which provides a command line gdb server. We use this for debugging & RAM loading of code. Flash programming is done by our own program running on the target.

Macraigor do not support the MPC5777C which is why we are moving to P&E. We were unable to use P&E tools in the past as there was no gdb server available.

In summary, the S32 IDE is completely unnecessary for us apart from the gdb server.

Thanks,

Patrick

• Greetings,

I suggest you try out S32 E200 IDE and get the MPC5777C working.

We sell standalone flash programming software and/or debugging software if you wish to purchase tools outside of the GDB solution. We have a 64k-code-size limited software versions of them on the product page.

PROGPPCNEXUS:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320089

ICDPPCNEXUS:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320116

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement