Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
problem about Cyclone Pro program asynchronously
jin f. Apr 29, 2016 at 03:32 AM (03:32 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I'm writing to confirm whether Cyclone Pro can download program asynchronously controlled by one PC. Now, I have two Cyclone Pro and professional edition license. But I can't program a target while another is programming. Can I use enterprise license to solve this problem? I'm hoping for a reply soon, Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Jin,

The Automate Control Package is designed to be able to control multiple Cyclones simultaneously from one PC. Professional can control up to 3 while Enterprise can control an essentially unlimited.

The procedure typically is as follows:
      1) Send Start command to Cyclone #1 and then Cyclone #2
      2) Continuously check the status of Cyclone #1 and Cyclone #2 in a while loop
      3) When both Cyclones have finished, exit the while loop

Please see our Expert's guide for code examples
      http://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=39

-Johnny
      P&E

• Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your reply. Now I have another question, must I wait both Cyclones have finished and then exit the while loop?

Our company want to make an end-of-line test equipment containing program download function. It's a double-station equipment used to test our target board. We want the two stations work independently. So I can't wait both Cyclones have finished, then do other tests for our target board.

Can I use Cyclone RS232 protocols of enperprise license to solve this problem?

Best regards!
        -Jin

• Jin,

The Cyclone can program independently from the PC application. When you initiate programming operations, your application must send a START command. After that command is sent, your application can perform other tasks. It does not need to wait for the Cyclone to finish programming. There is a function that is used to poll the Cyclone to get its programming status (busy/done) and another function to retrieve the SUCCESS/FAIL error code.

Regards,
          Johnny
          P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement