Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
FRDM-KV31F with Windows 10, BOOTLOADER cannot be reprogrammed
Jorge Z. Apr 13, 2016 at 05:33 PM (17:33 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• Hi,

I have a FRDM-KV31F, and when I try to download a new version of SDA: MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KV31F_Pemicro_v118.SDA into the drive assigned with name: BOOTLOADER, Windows 10 doesn't let me, with error: "There is not enough space on BOOTLOADER. You need additional 104 KB to copy these files".

How do I solve this problem?

Thanks,
    -Jorge

Comments

• Hi Jorge, 

Please start the board in Bootloader mode and see if it boots up with MBED or SDA_INF.HTM file. From the issue you are seeing, it sounds like the board is programmed with MBED Bootloader, in which case you should use P&E MBED compatible debug application: DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin.

It is available for download as a part of our OpenSDA app collection at www.pemicro.com/OpenSDA.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• OK, I downloaded that .bin file and seems to work. Now when I connect, I see in my pc -> properties -> device manager -> ports is: OpenSDA - CDC Serial Port. Is that expected? Is that enough to be able to download new application code and debug my software?

-Jorge

• Hi Jorge, 

Our Debug application consists of composite USB device.

The OpenSDA debug interface enumerates under Jungo driver tab as PEMicro OpenSDA Debug Driver.

The virtual serial port enumerates as OpenSDA - CDC Serial port and should allow you to retrieve data sent from serial port of target device via a terminal application such as Tera Term.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement