Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Order Of Images In Cyclone
Geoff F. Mar 20, 2016 at 07:23 PM (19:23 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• We're programming boards on our Production line using the automation DLL.  There seems to be no problem with this.

At startup, I'm loading the images into the Cyclones in the order:
    1: Calibration image
    2: Release firmware image
    3: Re-load Algorithm image (just contains a CM command - thanks Johnny)

The handles returned by the DLL reflect this order.

Interestingly, when I use the DLL to query the Cyclones for the names of the images relating to the handles, I seem to be getting the Load Algorithm image coming back as handle 1. Yet, the programming is working correctly for upwards of 200 modules a day now.

It's possible that I've mis-named the images. That's why I've requested that the decoder utility include the name of the image:
    http://www.pemicro.com/forums/forum.cfm?forum_topic_id=5071

Has anybody else seen similar behaviour?

Comments

• Geoff,

I have no reports of issues with the get_image_description function.

Are you saying that when you call get_image_description(cyclone,image3), you are getting back the name of image1?

-Johnny

• Hi Johnny,

Exactly. At least, I'm reasonably sure it's the name of image1. For debugging, I've implemented a loop that logs the images. It cycles through each image in turn, extracts the Image ID returned from the calls to add_image_to_cyclone and calls get_image_description with that image ID. What I'm seeing is as follows:

2016-03-24 15:03:43.9,   Initialisation Complete
      2016-03-24 15:03:44.2,   Image 1: "Load algorithm"
      2016-03-24 15:03:44.3,   Image 2: "11/12/2015 14:25:34"
      2016-03-24 15:03:44.3,   Image 3: "2/11/2016 10:41:00 AM"

This does correlate with what I'm seeing on the Cyclone Pro modules themselves.

The interesting thing is that the initialisation file that loads the images is as follows:
      [Image Files]
      Number of Images = 3
      File Name 1 = "/C/<redacted>/03_Software/<redacted>/Releases/Image_Calibration.SAP"
      File Name 2 = "/C/<redacted>/03_Software/<redacted>/Releases/Image_Version1.7.8.3521.SAP"
      File Name 3 = "/C/<redacted>/03_Software/<redacted>/Releases/Image_LoadAlgorithm.SAP"

The LabVIEW program that loads all this definitely cyles through in order.

This tends to make me think that it's quite likely that I've mis-named the files. I'd LOVE to be able to view and/or edit these names in the SAP files.

Regards,

Geoff

• I should add that the logging program uses the following call (translated into C):
        printf("Image %d: \"%s\"\n",ImageID,get_image_description(CycloneHandle,ImageID));

I've stepped through the LabVIEW code and confirmed that the Image IDs are returned in order as well. That is, loading file 1 returns an Image ID of 1, etc.

• I have just taken a copy of the SAP files from the production machine and run a check with the Image Manager.  Sure enough, I've mis-named the files.  When I load them I see something similar to the following:

IN1: Load algorithm (CRC32=$05FAF730) (from file C:\...\Image_Calibration.SAP)
    IN2: 11/12/2015 14:25:34 (CRC32=$FC42D9FD) (from file C:\...\Image_Version1.7.8.3521.SAP)
    IN3: 2/11/2016 10:41:00 AM (CRC32=$C41803D2) (from file C:\...\Image_LoadAlgorithm.SAP)

Mystery solved. I'll pay more attention to the name when I re-build the images next time.

• Thanks for the update.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement