Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Troubleshooting for error code 000A
huang b. Mar 8, 2016 at 11:23 PM (23:23 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• When I try to program the STM32 controller from Cyclone for ST, I got a error named as "000A", why does it? and how can I fix it?

Comments

• Greetings,

Any error codes you get when using the cyclone can be found in the user manual for the cyclone. Please check your software install directory for the user manual and find the error codes usually found at the end of the manual.

Error $000A indicates problems writing a block of data to the target chip.

Takao Yamada

• What specifically could be the problem?  The error code itself does not give enough information to troubleshoot.  What causes this error?

• Greetings,

Typically this error indicates you are programming flash that is not blank. You are programming a location that has already been programmed and you are trying to overwrite illegal values.

Remember that flash bits can be programmed only from high to low, and never low to high unless it is being erased. Attempting to program from low to high will cause this error.

Are you getting this error even though the chip is blank? Or you know that you have written something and now attempting to program new data?

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this?

Takao Yamada

• We had to use a newer CYCLONE device to program the given SAP file.  The CYCLONE Max gave the error, but the same SAP using the CYCLONE FX programmed okay.  No idea why except that the device firmware had something to do with it.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement