Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
KDS 3.1.0/KL02/Multilink Universal Issue
Brian P. Feb 4, 2016 at 11:00 AM (11:00 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I am using KDS 3.1.0 with the P&E Multilink Universal for Kinetis KL02 and KL03 uC targets. I constantly get an error when attempting to launch a debug session. 

This error appears after the P&E Connection Assistant prompts me to attempt a couple of retries.

Error in final launch sequence
    Failed to execute MI command:
    -target-select remote localhost:7224

Error message from debugger back end:
    Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.
    Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.

Can duplicate this error on my prototype boards as well as a development board. I have read some fixes in this forum like using a slower shift key frequency. I tried this with no success. I am also using the standard cable provided with the P&E Multilink.

Need input please...

Many thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Brian,

I'm very sorry for the delay in our response. I have a few questions so I can get a better understanding of your setup.

1. Which P&E Multilink Universal Revision are you using (A,B,C)?

2. Do you have any Kinetis Freedom or Tower development boards to test?

3. Can you try to launch a debug session off a new project with minimal code that is created through the Project Wizard in KDS?

I have seen some strange behavior with KDS caused by zombie processes that made KDS think the P&E Multilink was attached to another debug session. Check your task manager and check if there are multiple pegdbserver_console.exe processes. If there are, restart your PC.

Please see this helpful guide from a NXP application engineer for some other helpful troubleshooting tips.
      http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/11/03/debugging-failure-check-list-and-hints/

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E Engineering Support

• Hi Brian,

I hope I was able to help you resolve your issue. Let me know if it wasn't resolved or if you have any other questions.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement