Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone Automated Control Package
Arne v. Dec 29, 2015 at 04:09 AM (04:09 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Dear all,
    i'm really new to PeMicro products and i have a little question about the "Cyclone Automated Control Package" in use with "Cyclone for ARM® devices".
    I need the possibility to read out different memory sections of the internal flash memory of my target device. In the documentation of the SDK (s. 29 chapter 4.4.4) there is a function dynamic_read_bytes. With the following description:

"Reads a specified number of bytes from a specified memory address of
    the target processor. This call is only valid after performing a START_execute_all_commands” function."

Can i read only bytes from target memory after flashing my new firmware? No oppertunity to read target memory before flash programming?

Regards,
    Arne

Comments

• Hi Arne,

You can read target memory before programming flash. The reason you have to perform a START_execute_all_commands first is to load the correct algorithm into memory. You can just have a Stand alone image in the Cyclone for ARM that loads the algorithm only and does no other flash operation.

-Johnny
      P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement