Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Multi-Link Universal Not Working with VMware XP
Steven B. Oct 25, 2015 at 08:40 PM (20:40 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I just got in several multi-link unversal (Rev C) interfaces.  I am interfacing them to Freescale HSC 8-bit micro boards.  The multi-links will work with Freescale Code Warrior Eclipse IDE 10.6 in WIN 7 but not with Code warrior Classic running on the same computer under VMware XP.  The error is " Can't connect to target."  I previously used the USB-ML-Universal (Rev B).  It worked fine in XP running under VMware.  I made sure the interface was connected to XP & not WIN 7.  It was under JUNGO in the XP Device Manager.  So I know the driver was there.  I even uninstalled and reinstalled the driver.  Nothing helped.  I need to get the interface to talk to my Freescale HSC 8-bit boards like the old USB-ML-Universal interfaces did.

Comments

• Greetings,

If you have searched our forums or FAQ you would find that we have a patch to fix the problem with the Codewarrior classic. Classic was built before the rev C hardware was created so there are some incompatibility issues. My patch will fix this and get you working again:
    http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211&menu_id=faqs

Use the FAQ to find out which patch you need and please follow the Readme instructions to patch up correctly.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Any update on this? Were you able to get the patch and drivers working?

Takao Yamada

• Takao,

Sorry I haven't replied. Been very busy. The patch fixed the problem. Thanks so much for your help.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement