Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Windriver not loading
David S. Oct 7, 2015 at 04:57 PM (16:57 hours)
Staff: Kevin M.

• I had tried installing the OSJTAG driver for the Freescale Kinetis K20D50M board.  It failed to install, but it broke the Multilink Universal FX I had installed.  Now I no longer see Windriver loading under Jungo devices, it only shows the Multilink.  I tried uninstalling the OSJTAG driver, and the Multilink driver.  When I tried installing the Multilink FX again, now it says it can't uninstall the windriver, and it can't install it either.  It won't load, so I can't do anything with it.

Comments

• David,

What error do you see when you try to reinstall the driver?

What operating system are you using?

Best,

Kevvin

• Hi Kevin, the errors I get are:

Failed to uninstall the INF file c:\program files(x86)\pemicro\multilink_universal\Drivers\windriver\windrvr6.inf

Log error(3):error 2, could not uninstall c:\windows\inf\oem170.inf

followed by

Failed to install the INF file c:\program files(x86)\pemicro\multilink_universal\drivers\windriver\windrvr6.inf

log error(3):error 2, return updatedriverfor plugandplaydevices

There's lots more text, but I can't attach a screen shot of all these errors.

This is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

I did find a way to install windrvr6.inf manually.

• Looks like you have an older installer that is not supported on 64 bit. What is the version of the software that you are trying to install?

• Hi Kevin, the properties for mutlilink_universal_install show version 1.0.0.0, and this has been working fine on 64-bit.  It was after I tried to install the OSJTAG driver that it broke.

• David,

Can you try installing the latest drivers?

Thanks,

Kevin

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=301

• We've tried using version 12, but those drivers do not work with the debugger in Kinetis Design Studio 3.0.  We can only get the debugger to work with version 11.7.

• David, 

I followed up with you about a week ago in an email. Did you receive this?

Best,

Kevin

• No, I haven't seen it.  For now, it is working if I install Windriver manually, and I'll stick with 11.7.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement