Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
USB CPU16/32 Multilink driver installation Win8
Allon . Jun 16, 2015 at 03:56 PM (15:56 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,
    We have been using a couple of USB CPU 16/32 Multilinks for backing up and upgrading of programmable devices from an OEM we support.

The original PE software, PROG32Z.exe , ran on an old IBM Thinkpad with 32bit architecture WinXP Pro.
    Tragically my Thinkpad recently passed away.

So now I have a new laptop running Win8.0
    The installation wizard for the PE software can't complete the installation.

Is it that Win8 is missing the old 16 bit drivers, as I was told ?
    Do we need new PE software.

Thanks
    Allon
    P-Technik

Comments

• Greetings,

The problem is that the software you have is most likely old. All software built after year 2009 will work with modern operating systems including Windows 7/8/10 and 64-bit. If your PROG32Z.exe is before year 2010, then unfortunately you will have to purchase a new software. It is a 32-bit software that is missing 64-bit libraries to work in the 64-bit environment.

Our software upgrade policy is you get free updates within a year of purchase, a 50% discount if within 2 years of purchase. Otherwise you have to pay full price:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=90

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement