Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone ARM fails while MAX succeeds
Mike A. Oct 10, 2014 at 05:26 AM (05:26 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I have a Cyclone MAX and a Cyclone ARM programmer.  My target is a Kinetis MKM14Z64CHH5.  I can successfully program this using the Cyclone MAX but not using the Cyclone ARM.  I created a .SAP file using the image creation utility v1.27 and an using the 10 pin mini SWD connector on my target.  When using the Cyclone ARM, I connect this to the 10 pin mini port and with the Cyclone MAX I use the adapter PCB supplied.  I'm using the same .SAP file in both cases.  Using the Cyclone ARM, the failure is immediate with error $0007.  In both cases my target is powered independently.  On the Cyclone ARM I have only jumper 5 fitted.

This is the first time I have tried to use the Cyclone ARM. I suspect it may be faulty?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Mike.

Comments

• Hi Mike,

1. What is the firmware version of your Cyclone for ARM?

2. Can you please post a screenshot of the Cyclone image creation utility with your settings?

-Johnny
      P&E

• Johnny,

Thanks for your quick response. I have done more testing and I can now confirm that the Cyclone for Arm does work. I think I was being misled by some power-up timing dependent behaviour with my target, but I'm still not completely convinced that my set-up is behaving correctly.

I'll start a new topic if I can't get to the bottom of this issue, but just now I think it probably lies with my set-up.

Mike.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement