Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
can I use a raw binary image to program my MPC862?
Jeff H. Jul 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM (10:11 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• Anyone,

I'm using a Cyclone Max to program my target hardware. The target is a Freescale MPC862, with Intel 28F256P30B flash connected to CS0. I can program S-record files into flash just fine. Is there a way to tell PROGPPCZ that the programming file is just raw binary? I get an error "unknown file type".

Comments

• Greetings,

The Cyclone Max only supports Motorola S-record files. You'll have to try to convert that binary file to an srecord with one of our utilities bin2s19.
    Download Link: http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=105

We have no plans to add native support for binary files.

Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E

• thanks, Johnny.  When I convert the binary into an S-record using your bin2s19 tool, it does an Intel little-endian conversion.  Is there a way to tell bin2s19 to do a Motorola big-endian conversion?  I don't see any command line flags to do that.

Thanks.

• Hi Jeff,

Unfortunate, I don't think so. There is a 3rd party file format conversion utility that I have used which might have that option.

http://srecord.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• that's more of a science project than I want to take on right now.  I'll just go back to using the s-records.  Thanks for the link, though.  I'll bookmark that page for future reference.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement