Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
how do you connect usb multilink to mc908gp32cfbe with 6 pin connector on PCB
neeraj g. May 27, 2014 at 12:53 PM (12:53 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• i have a pcb with mc908gp32cfbe mcu , it has 6 pin connector for flash , how can i connnect a 16 pin connector , please resolve

Comments

• Greetings,

You will need to find out what signals those 6 pins are and connect them according to the signals on the 16 pins on the multilink. Use the manual that came with the multilink, or go to our website page for the multilink and find the documentation and downloads for more information:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=159

Takao Yamada

• Thanks mr Takao , i already have this manual , but couldnt locate pins to match those on the board , 
      i have 6 pins in following sequence
      1. +5
      2. Irq
      3. Rst
      4. Data
      5. Gnd
      6. Osc

what pins should be used on 16 pin connector to match these .

• Greetings,

The second page of the manual shows you how the 16 pins on the multilink are connected (see "Usage of the USB MON08 Multilink Interface"). Match those signals with the ones you have and you should be set.

What software do you plan on using, just out of curiosity. If you are using PROG08SZ or any of P&E's software, you will find a diagram on the connection manager of how your multilink should be connected to your board/chip.

Takao Yamada

• HI , Thnx for the update , does pe provides dedicated 6 pin connectors for mc908gp32cfbe ,
      secondly how can we debug mc68hc908gr8cfae as we dont have any connectors on the pcb

• Greetings,

No, we do not have a 6-pin connector for the HC08 architecture. It is only for the RS08/S08/CFV1 architectures.

It is very popular for customers to create their own ribbon cables and connections for the HC08 architecture due to many of them having reduced pin footprint on their boards.

You will need to create your own connectors or headers that pull-up the signals from the chip to somewhere convenient on the board. Then you can use P&E's hardware and software tools to debug or flash program your chip.

Taako Yamada

• please suggest hardware for mc68hc908gr8cfae

• Greetings,

Do you mean a P&E hardware tool? I thought you had a multilink and that is how you started this thread. My suggestion for prototyping and small production lines to use the USB MON08 Multilink:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=19

If you have a high production lines, then I suggest getting a cyclone pro:
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=1

All software from P&E for the MON08 architecture is free. All other architectures are not free.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• Dear takao , 

Thanks for the information on the product ,
      do u have a bebugger for mc68hc908gr8cfae too?

thanks ,
      neeraj

• Greetings,

Check out this list of free software we provide for the HC08 architecture. The one you want is PKG08SZ. This includes both the programming software (PROG), and the in-circuit debugger software (ICD). It will also include an IDE if you want to program your own code with the assembler:

http://www.pemicro.com/support/download_processor.cfm?type=2

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• dear Takao , i am still unable to understand programming for mc68hc908gr8cfae 32 pin mcu .
    please resolve .

• Greetings,

Would you like to be more specific of what you do not understand? Did you read the chip's manual of how to enter monitor mode and what pins are needed? I advise you to download the PROG08SZ software and start the software. Within the software, select which chip you plan on programming and it will show you a diagram of which pins are necessary to connect:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=83

Takao Yamada

• Dear Takao , 
    we discussed about mc908gp32cfbe , whihc had connector pins on the pcb for incircuit programming ,

i have second freescale chip mc68hc908gr8cfae which does not have connector pins for in circuit programming ,
    please suggest how to programme or debug it .

• Greetings,

Is the chip already soldered onto a board? If not, then you could purchase a socket board possibly from Freescale to help you program the chip.

However if it is already soldered and you have no connector pins, then you will need create your own connector pins. We do not have a way to program the chip without connector pins.

Takao Yamada

• currently we have chip on board but we can remove chip for debug and then we can create multiple chips , please  resolve

• Greetings,

Like I said, you will either have to get a socket board, or you have to create your own connector. Please download the PROG08Sz software and select the HC908GR8 and you will find what signals you need to connect. Until you get the socket board or connector, there is nothing else I can do for you.

Takao Yamada

• does pe supplies socket board for 32 pin

• Greetings,

You must contact Freescale to see if they can provide you a socket board. We do not have a socket board to sell you.

Takao Yamda

• i contacted them for these 2 chips  , they do not have support for these parts as they are obsolete now , xeltek has some connector boards but they fit only with xeltek programmers

• i tried to install the software you suggested it closed with a error cannot run a X86 utility on x64 platform . please resolve

• Greetings,

Could you try again? I just rebuilt it so that it has the latest files and support for the latest operating systems.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Were you able to get the utility downloaded and working?

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement