Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone Max
Rommel C. May 11, 2014 at 10:46 PM (22:46 hours)
Staff: Johnny N.

• I'm using the new purchased Cyclone Max and found no response on Launching program. I was able to configure Cyclone Image Creation utility and select my target architecture to DSC. The device type is MC56F82756 and using the port B for interfacing to my Target board. I have downloaded the license PROGDSC programmer Ver 3.10 and come up with debugging the said model with the device. The problem is that if I perform the stand alone programming, Example The blank Check Module (BM), the device tends to hang...( waited for how many minutes). Blank Checking......Executing command (Esc to abort) can be seen in the GUI. Same with the PM commands. Programming Address is 00000000. No activities after this one. Please help how to overcome on this one. Manual Launch exhibits same results with the automated one. What advise can you share?

Comments

• Hi Rommel,

1. Is this a evaluation board from Freescale or is it your own design?

2. Are you able to erase, program, and verify successfully in PROGDSC?

3. Lower the BDM Debug Shift frequency in the connection manager to the slowest frequency (31) in the Image Creation Utility settings.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Hello Johnny,

Concerns was solved by downloading the latest version of Cyclone max firmware

from 7.78 to 7.81. Another problem encountered was on SAP function during

programming launching. There is an error on EM - Erase Module. This is

define on the Cyclone Image Creation Utility having the Lowest BDM clock

FREQ= 746268 Hz. Error: $0007 Error in entering debug mode.

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
    RommelC

• Rommel.

Error 7 indicates a communication error when the Cyclone was trying to enter debug mode. Please test PROGDSC at the lowest BDM shift speed and let me know if it shows the same issue. Can we see a schematic of the debug header on your board?

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Hi Johnny,

I have tested it using BDM speed 1. Same result acquired. During automation

• Cont....

Pre processing error on my script.( ':INTERFACE=CYCLONE PORT=USB1')

Error 47 (Error on script). What will be the command line for the

interface and port?

Here's my sample Script file....

==============.bat file=============================
          START /W C:\pemicro\PROGDSC\cprogdsc.exe ! C:\Project\Generic.cfg
          @ECHO.%ERRORLEVEL% > C:\DS500Interface.TXT

IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO FAIL
          GOTO PASS

:PASS
          cls
          COLOR 0A
          @ECHO.PASSED
          @ECHO.PASSED > C:\DS500PassFail.TXT
          GOTO END

:FAIL
          @ECHO.FAILED
          @ECHO.FAILED > C:\DS500PassFail.TXT
          PAUSE
          cls
          COLOR 0C
          GOTO END
          ==============end .bat file=============================

============Generic.cfg====================
          :DEVICE MC56F82748
          RE
          :INTERFACE=CYCLONE PORT=USB1
          CM C:\PEMicro\PROGDSC\Algorithms\freescale_mc56f82748_1x16x32k_pflash.dsp
          EM ;Erase Module
          BM ;Blank Check Module
          SS C:\Users\rommelcabanero.ECP\Desktop\DS500SPE-3-001 flash\DS500SPE-3_SEC_v02 05 00_20140403.S
          PM ;Program Module
          ==============end configuration=============

I need help on this one pls...

Thanks
          RommelC
          5\29\2014

• Hi RommelC,

1. The higher the BDM Shift number, the slower the frequency. Please test PROGDSC with a BDM Shift value of 31.

2. The INTERFACE and PORT parameters are passed in the batch file on the same line as where you call the cprog executable.

==============.bat file=============================
            START /W C:\pemicro\PROGDSC\cprogdsc.exe ! C:\Project\Generic.cfg INTERFACE=CYCLONE PORT=USB1
            @ECHO.%ERRORLEVEL% > C:\DS500Interface.TXT

IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO FAIL
            GOTO PASS

:PASS
            cls
            COLOR 0A
            @ECHO.PASSED
            @ECHO.PASSED > C:\DS500PassFail.TXT
            GOTO END

:FAIL
            @ECHO.FAILED
            @ECHO.FAILED > C:\DS500PassFail.TXT
            PAUSE
            cls
            COLOR 0C
            GOTO END
            ==============end .bat file=============================

============Generic.cfg====================
            :DEVICE MC56F82748
            CM C:\PEMicro\PROGDSC\Algorithms\freescale_mc56f82748_1x16x32k_pflash.dsp
            EM ;Erase Module
            BM ;Blank Check Module
            SS C:\Users\rommelcabanero.ECP\Desktop\DS500SPE-3-001 flash\DS500SPE-3_SEC_v02 05 00_20140403.S
            PM ;Program Module
            VM ; Verify Module
            ==============end configuration=============

• Hi JohnnyN,

It works all fine. By the way, Is the license

valid for other PC's? Or 1 PC 1 license? Hoping for your reply,

Thanks for the support.

RommelC
              5/30/2014

• Hi Rommel,

Unlike some of our other PROG software, PROGDSC is actually free and it can be installed on as many PCs as you want.

Regards,
                Johnny
                P&E

• Hi Johnny,

1. We have purchased the UNITDSC_DIST, Can it be used in our production programming testing using the CYCLONE_MAX? at multiple PC?

2. Is the installation code issued during the installation of PROGDSC is the same on other \ different PC?

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
    RommelC

• Greetings,

1. Yes, UNITDSC_DIST can be installed on unlimited number of PCs. What kind of testing are you trying to do?

2. Yes, you can use the same installation code.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E Technical Support

• Hi Johnny,

MCU flash Programming on DSC devices. How can I eliminate the confirmation

when device is secured. Erase to unsecure?. It prompts me during our

programming

• Hi Rommel,

The next version of CPROGDSC will automatically unsecure the target device. It will not display the confirmation dialog. I am expecting a release in the next week or so.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• Hi Johnny
        Any update on unsecure device prompt on cprogdsc,we were doing test automation.
        Thanks.

• Hi Rommel,

No updates yet. It had to be pushed back due to other releases. We'll email you when the new version of PROGDSC is released.

Regards,
          Johnny
          P&E

• Hi Johnny,

• Hi Johnny,

I have concern regarding the ERASE module. Is the command line in manual EM different in doing automation? Some of the DEVICE IC in DSC (MC56F82313) has a feature of one time programming only, when we do the re-flashed the device is secured. Can't connect to Background mode. How can I erase module when already lock\secured during CPROG? But doing the manual mode is OK. And also please include MC56F82313 in target CPU information using PROGDSC. (PEMicro Connection Manager)

Thanks and Regards,
              RommelC

• Greetings Rommel,

Erase Module is the same for interactive, commandline, and standalone.

PROGDSC/CPROGDSC is suppose to unsecure the device automatically. Please list step by step what you are doing to cause the chip to get locked. I'm a bit unclear about procedure.

-Johnny

• Hi Johnny,

I have these steps in returning an argument to target path.
    Here's my configurations(CFG):

:DEVICE MC56F82313
    CM C:\PEMicro\PROGDSC\Algorithms\freescale_mc56f82313_1x16x8k_pflash.dsp
    EM ;Erase Module
    BM ;Blank Check Module
    SS C:\DS500\FW\ADBB\MPT1\DS500SPE-3_SEC_v02 05 00_20140403.S
    PM ;Program Module
    VM ;Verify Module

If the MCU is empty it can be programmed automatically, when I do the reflashing, I can't enter to the backgroungd mode, Error 34 exhibits. This happens on the DEVICE MC56F82313 having an algorithm of freescale_mc56f82313_1x16x8k_pflash.dsp. If I do the manual EM I can erase the content of the MCU and can be programmed.
    Commandline should be same as the interactive but it cannot execute.
    I have a hard time in doing the simulation in automation if this thing works on manual.
    Need help on this please.

Regards,
    Rommel

• Hi Johnny,

Any update on the query above? Is this related to the device MC56F82313 ? On other device like MC56F82748 I can manage to erase using CPROGDSC.

Thanks and regards,
      Rommel

• We just released a new version of PROGDSC.

• Hi Johnny,

We have encountered a bug regarding the Exit codes return. It happened when the unit we tested hung or causing to stop execution(programming did not finished), the tendency of the operator is to click the exit button rather than hitting the abort button on the commandline (batchfile), the problem was that the exit codes exhibit "0"
    same as passed result or (0 - Program completed with no errors.) . So there is a possibilty it will log a "PASSED" result without programming the mCU. Is there a possible solution to this?

Thanks and Regards,
    RommelC

• Hi Rommel,

I'll ask the dev to look at this and come up with some recommendations. It is an interesting problem.

In the mean time, I think there is a workaround. You can configure CPROG to output the information in the status to a log (refer to the /logfile parameter). Then your application or batch file can parse the log for the phrases "Programmed" and "Verified" and then only record a PASS result if those phrases are found otherwise you can assume that something went wrong. Delete the log file at the end of each programming session.

Regards,
      Johnny
      P&E

• We fixed this issue in PROGDSC 6.19.00.00 which was released today.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement