Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
error 51 programming mc9s08dz128clh
Adamati G. Apr 7, 2014 at 09:52 AM (09:52 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• I developed a project using CW6.3 and S08DZ128CLH cpu. The code size has now reached nearly 70Kbytes, but lately I have problems dowloading the program on target and debugging it. During Flash download, using either Cyclone Pro or Multilink universal, I have an "ERROR 51 during script", and it tells me that there is a Checksum16-CRC8Error in block 00028000-0002BFD4. What is weird is that it also tells me the file CRC is $002D9F, the device CRC is $002D9F, i.e they are IDENTICAL......any clue?
    Regards,
    Gian Paolo Adamati/Agitech

Comments

• Greetings,

A popular problem with paged memory like DZ128 is making sure the PRM/linker file matches the way P&E programs the flash. If you open the DZ128 algorithm in a text editor, you will find the flash addresses:

$2180-$3BFF
    $3C00-$3FFF (EEPROM)
    $13C00-$13FFF (EEPROM)
    $4000-$FFFF
    $18000-$1BFFF
    $28000-$2BFFF
    $38000-$3BFFF
    $48000-$4BFFF
    $58000-$5BFFF
    $68000-$6BFFF
    $78000-$7BFFF

Have you made modifications to the linker file? The default should match the above listing.

Takao Yamada

• Greetings,

Have any update to your situation? Were you able to resolve the paged memory structure?
    Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Takao Yamada

• I had the same problem, and resolved it by applying the patch available here:
    http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?id=211

• P.S.: Takao from P&E pointed me to the patch.
    Thanks, Takao.

• Sure thing :-)

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement