Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
PHY File Memory Addresses for MC9S12XET256 processor
Steve L. Mar 17, 2014 at 02:24 AM (02:24 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Our product previously used the MC9S12A256 processor, and we have been using the Cyclone Pro to program them in production. For this I created a phy format file.

I am now updating the source code to run on a MC9S12XET256 processor. This obviously has a different memory map from the older S12 processor. I assume that the Cyclone Pro still requires the firmware as a phy file.
    Do you have a guide on how the phy file addresses relate to the S12X memory addresses please?

Comments

• Greetings,

If you look at the chip reference manual, you can look at the figure they have that explains how addressing is done between logical (s19) to physical (PHY) format.

You can also use our log2phy utility and select the chip of your choice and it gives you an idea of how the utility plans on converting the file.

If you need more explanation, take a look at this blog post we have:
    http://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=48

Let me know if you are still in need of help.

Takao Yamada

• Thanks very much for the help. 
    This has clarified what you were using for the physical address.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement