Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
MMEVS Write Protect status message
steve c. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I'm using the MMEVS with an EML08KX module. I am getting Write protect status messages when I write to zero page but only if it is an indexed write. I.E a direct write works but a "sta variable,X" doesn't. I have had the emulator working before but it has suddenly decided to produce this error. Has anyone any clues?

Comments

• QUOTE (stevec @ May 16 2012, 10:16 PM) [legacy comment]
    I'm using the MMEVS with an EML08KX module. I am getting Write protect status messages when I write to zero page but only if it is an indexed write. I.E a direct write works but a "sta variable,X" doesn't. I have had the emulator working before but it has suddenly decided to produce this error. Has anyone any clues?

If it worked before, one possibility is the X register is "destroyed" and it has some value that's causing "variable,x" to point to non-available memory.

• I'm afraid things have gone from bad to worse. I can not get all the .s19 code to appear correctly. If I look at the first few bytes of code (from E000) it is not the correct code (I checked the .S19 file). It's not until I get to about $E180 that the code lines up with what it should be. The load command works ok as does the loadmap command (at least no errors are reported)  I am now assuming a fault with the MMEVS hardware. I have reinstalled the MMEVS software in case there was a problem with that. I have reseated all connectors and chips on the hardware. Everything appears to be working apart from my code!! The software is almost complete so I shall have to resort to old fashioned methods of debugging by spitting diagnostic bytes out the serial port of my application if I need to. Very frustrating.

In answer to your post the X reg is reported to be correct, according to the register monitor.

The last problem I had with this system was that it would not accept file paths longer than 80 characters. That took a day or two to sort!

QUOTE (tonyp@acm.org @ May 17 2012, 10:02 AM) [legacy comment]
    If it worked before, one possibility is the X register is "destroyed" and it has some value that's causing "variable,x" to point to non-available memory.

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement