Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Problem Programming MPC5554
Mark W. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I have a USB-ML-PPCNexus interface for programming aboard with an MPC5554. 

The processor is the only device in the JTAG chain.

Initially I used the eSys Flasher utility V1.3 from Freescale. With this configuration I am able to read memory successfully until I attempt to reprogram at which point the program gets stuck in the "Erase" cycle. I do not think ths starts. After which I need to perform a H/W reset to read memory successfully.

I have downloaded the P&E starter pack and attempted to use this. This fails when trying to load the flashing algorithm to 300000.
    With this software I have tried slowing down the interface, but same result.

I can successfully program our card with the Green Hills SuperTrace Probe through their AdaMulti debugger - but this needs a network license and won't work on customer sites.

I am able to use this successfully program with both the eSys Flasher/P&E USB Multilink and Green Hills Probe/debugger on the Freescale Eval board JTAG implementation looks the same.

Any thoughts?

Comments

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement