Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Need Debugger for Legacy 68332 System
John L. migrated on Dec 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
No staff assigned yet

• I need the capability to do source level debugging in a legacy environment. The target processor is a Freescale MC68332GCFC. I am assuming that what I need is the USB-ML-16/32 debugger interface with the ICD32Z Debugger software. The tool chain being used is very old and I am trying to get documentation on it from our client. 

It is a Microtec Research tool chain and consists of:

Compiler -- MCC68K -- 4.4
    Assembler -- ASM68K -- 7.0
    Linker -- LNK68K -- 7.0

Does anyone know what the possible output formats are for the linker and if it can produce a format compatible with the ICD32Z?

Thanks
    John

Comments

• QUOTE (ByteMaster @ Aug 5 2010, 05:43 PM) [legacy comment]
    I need the capability to do source level debugging in a legacy environment. The target processor is a Freescale MC68332GCFC. I am assuming that what I need is the USB-ML-16/32 debugger interface with the ICD32Z Debugger software. The tool chain being used is very old and I am trying to get documentation on it from our client.

It is a Microtec Research tool chain and consists of:

Compiler -- MCC68K -- 4.4
    Assembler -- ASM68K -- 7.0
    Linker -- LNK68K -- 7.0

Does anyone know what the possible output formats are for the linker and if it can produce a format compatible with the ICD32Z?

Thanks
    John

Greetings John,

ICD32Z requires a DWARF 2.0 compliant ELF file for C source level debug. Please refer to the compiler documentation or contact your vendor to determine if this is a supported output.

Best Regards,
    Johnny
    P&E Technical Support

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement