PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Programming a MC9S12XET256MAG
Kevin F. Feb 3, 2021 at 10:19 AM (10:19 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• What Algorithm do I use for a MC9S12XET256MAG and can I program a .phy file?
    I am using the PROG12Z with the USB-ML-Universal Multilink.

Comments

• Greetings,

It all depends on what memory spaces your PHY file wants to program. Note, the PHY file from Codewarrior will not work with our tools. If you have a GLO file then that will work. OR you can convert your PHY or ELF or S19/srec file using our LOG2phy_12 utility to our own version of PHY file that will work with our tools:
    http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=15

If you look at the 7 algorithm options, you will see that some end with "PLL". These are the same algorithms as the non-PLL but increases the bus frequency of the chip to be able to flash program faster. So I would start with these PLL algorithm first and if you have troubles then switch down to the non-PLL algorithms to see if you have better success.

We have separate algorithms for Linear PFLASH, EEPROM, and DFLASH because they are all on different pages and cannot be combined into one algorithm. Your object file may cover all of these regions. If that is the case, then use one algorithm and erase that memory region, program that region, verify that it programmed correctly, then switch to the other algorithms and repeat (erase, program, verify).

Takao

• Hello,
      Thank you for your help. I noticed when I convert from filename.phy to filename.s19, there is a filename.phy.extra which appears to be the .s19 file. Is that correct? There is a filename.s19 file created but it is empty.

• Greetings,

The phy.extra are data that is not within the PFLASH, but data within the EEEPROM. If you look at the install you will find another utility Log2Phy_12_XEE. Use this utility on the phy.extra file and it will further convert your EEPROM data.

When you use PROG, you can then use the PHY file to program PFLASH and/or DFLASH, and then use the EEEPROM data for the EEPROM algorithm.

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement