PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone Fx sticks in "executing" state on some NXP MPC5777C MPU with JTAG lock setting
Ray H. Jun 17, 2021 at 11:49 AM (11:49 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hello,

Recently I found programming process of Cyclone Fx always sticks in "Executing" and won't run any step in SAP when I try to flash Qorivva MPC5777C MCU with JTAG lock setting. However, I already set right JTAG password in SAP, it should work.

If I flash Qorivva MPC5777C MCU without JTAG lock setting, then programming is normal.

Do you have any suggestion about this issue?

Thanks.

Comments

• Greetings,

Have you tried debugging this within PROG PPCNEXUS software found within your cyclone software package? Click on the "advanced" button when you open PROG and type in your censorship password there. Are you able to enter debug and select your programming algorithm and object files?

If not, then you should check multiple times that these chips were censored correctly and not permanently secured.

Takao

• Hello

Now, I use "Cyclone Image Creation Utility Version 6.95.00.00"

• Hello

Now, I use "Cyclone Image Creation Utility Version 6.95.00.00" to load my software files into Cyclone Fx. I do check "Device supports uncensoring" and key in correct JTAG password.

I ever used Cyclone to flash MCU with JTAG lock setting; however, I don't know why it doesn't work now. Is possible to add some setting in Image Creation to increase probability of programming?

By the way, this MCU is still programmable with my other debugger and correct JTAG password.

May I ask what situation will causes Cyclone Fx to get stuck in "Executing" step?

Thank you.

• Greetings,

Again, please use PROG PPCNEXUS software. NOT cyclone image creation utility. We can debug this issue better there. Otherwise I cannot help you. It is impossible to debug standalone programming.

Takao

• Greetings,

Any luck with the PROG software?

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement