PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Cyclone supports SPC58NH92?
Christa B. Apr 26, 2021 at 06:36 AM (06:36 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• According to the internal Flash tables listed for the LC and the FX Cyclone, the 96kB HSM code flash of the SPC58NH92 is not supported.
    Is this correct and do you plan from PE Micro side to upgrade the flash algorithms, or is the SPC58NH92 already supported?

Comments

• Greetings,

We support the SPC58NH92, and the HSM Code inside it. Use the algo:
    ST_SPC58NH92_1x32x36k_HSMCode.pcp

1x32x36kbits = 4x36kBytes = 144 KB

Takao

• Thanks for your quick answer!

How does this work, because the HSM Code area of the ST Chorus 10M (SPC58NH92) has 32KB + 64 KB + 96 KB Code Flash? Which code blocks are meant by the 144KB above?

• Greetings,

I think I see the problem. I believe the flash drivers we have are for cut 1 of the silicon, and we have not updated it for cut 2 yet. Thank you for bringing this up and I will look into this. I am requesting some new silicon from ST so that we can do developing and testing.

Do you have a milestone date of when you need this completed by?

Takao

• Thanks for your check!
    It is as usual - as soon as possible. We need to flash ECUs next week for customer with our Cyclone programmer.

• Greetings,

I do not think we can do next week when I am waiting on silicon from ST to arrive to start development. What I could do is potentially create a new algo for you without any testing done and base solely on the reference manual, and have you try it out.

Takao

• This is ok for me, thanks!
    Do you see a risk, that we could destroy the OTP flash area (UTEST), if we try that algo?

• Greetings,

Only if you use the UTEST algo would you risk modifying the OTP region. So just keep using our CFLASH, DFLASH, HSM CODE, or HSM DATA algorithms and you will be okay. I am still working on the algo.

Takao

• Greetings,

Just sent you an algo for you to try.

Takao

• Greetings,

Any luck with the new algos?

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement