Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
PROG32Z 683XX and USB Multilink
Peter C. Jan 23, 2019 at 08:56 AM (08:56 hours)
Staff: Steve M.

• Hi Iam having difficulties trying to connect to my USB Multilink. This software(PROG32Z 683XX) worked fine on my Windows 7 based system. I recently upgraded my computer at work  and  my system is  Windows 10. I re-loaded software CD PROG32Z 683XX
    onto my new system(Windows 10). When I connect the multilink to my device and computer and when I try to coonnect I get message for Port:
    "Undetected Dissconnect USB Cable. Click refresh". I was on your website and downloaded the drrivers for windows 10 but I am still getting the error message. Maybe I got the wrong drivers? not sure...Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Hi Peter,

First off, I just want to verify that you are using the USB Multilink FX and not just the regular USB Multilink.

I have provided the URL for the latest download of our drivers. Try downloading this and see if you have any success. After downloading, I would like you to look in your Device Manager and let me know what you see under the "Jungo" tab.

Telling from these details I will be able to provide further assistance.

Thanks

Steve

• Hi Steve,

I am using the regular USB Multilink. In device Manager it shows:

Jungo then under that it shows pemicrowindvr and USB Multilink 2.0

• Hi Steve,

I am using the regular USB Multilink. In device Manager it shows:

Jungo then under that it shows pemicrowindvr and USB Multilink 2.0

• Hi Peter,

Okay I believe the problem is that the regular USB Multilink does not support the architecture you are working with. The CPU32 chips require the Multilink FX in order to program using PROG32Z.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Steve

• HI Steve,

So I guess the is no way integrating the two with what I already have :(. Even though I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for windows 10 from your site. So the Multilink FX should work with the old software CD I already have: PROG32Z 683XX correct?

• Hi Peter,

Unfortunately there is no way to integrate the regular Multilink and the PROG32Z software.

Also it depends on what version of the software you have. Most likely, if it is an older software, it will not support our newest Multilink FX. If you would like to setup a support request, you can provide me with some of your order information and I can see the details of your order. It is possible that you are eligible for a discounted software upgrade.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Steve

• HI Steve,

I was just going through your website an in the downloads section there are update driver software for compatibility with windows 10. Strange how this download will not fix my issue???..Just to recap: so if this will still not fix my issue what exactly will I need software and hardware wise?...Everything works great on my other laptop with Windows 7 no issues.

Thanks

Peter

• Hi Peter,

It really depends on what version of the software you have. PROG32Z has to be at least version 5.74 to be compatible with Windows 10. If this is not the case, you will need to upgrade your license of PROG32Z to be compatible with Windows 10. As for the hardware, I am still confused because the PROG32Z software does not support our USB Multilink units so I am assuming you have it working with the USB Multilink FX (black unit). The hardware should be fine on Windows 10.

Steve

• The one that is working on WIndows 7 and Windows XP is file version 1.44.0.0 for Progppcz.exe. I dont have MUltilink FX only USB Multilink. Can you send me the link so I can upgrade to version 5.74? for Windows 10.

Thanks

Peter

• Hi Peter,

So you are trying to use PROGPPCZ now? I am confused. Either way, both of these softwares are not compatible with the USB-MULTILINK_UNIVERSAL as you need a 10-pin cable. This leads me to believe that you are using one of our older Mutlilink products. Could you provide me with the part number of the unit you are using.

You will still need to upgrade your software. If the software was purchased two or more years ago, you will have purchase the new license for the full amount.

Steve

• Its an older Multilink.

I am thinking I should just purchase the new multilink:
    USB-ML-UNIVERSAL : $199. So this should work with my windows 10 correct?

• Peter,

To be compatible with these softwares you will need the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX. It is the upgrades version of the older Multilink that you have now. This will be compatible with Windows 10. As I mentioned before you will still need to upgrade your software in order for it to be compatible on Windows 10.

Steve

• Ok thanks

I will purchase the USB-ML-UNIVERSAL-FX. And can you give me the correct part number for the software in which I will need to purchase. Or is it a free download?

Thanks

Peter

• Peter,

You mentioned two different softwares during this forum (PROG32Z and PROGPPCZ).

I am unsure which one you actually but PROG32Z deals with CPU32 architecture and PROGPPCZ deals with PowerPC architecture.

I have provided the links to both of the softwares so you can take a look and decide on which is the correct one that you will need.

PROG32Z - http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=90&productTab=1

PROGPPCZ - http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=121&productTab=1

Steve

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2019 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement