PEmicro logo
Cart New Account Login

Logo image
HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
Dose PE Cyclone support erase fuse of s32r294?
huang x. Jul 1, 2021 at 01:21 AM (01:21 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• Hi,

Background description:
    a)   hardware is NXP s32r294,
    b)   programming device is PE Cyclone Universal,
    c)   Cyclone Image Creation Utility version 8.36.00.00

Questions:
    a)   Does PE Cyclone is able to do the “erase fuse” for s32r294 directly? If yes, what are the steps? We hope the way is automated
    b)   If we want to download a RAM execution to the s32r294 for some test, what should we do to create the SAP file?

Comments

• Greetings,

Concerning RAM execution, that is not done within image creation. What you will need is our UNIT PPCNEXUS software where you can load a project into RAM and execute your test/calibration after doing a standalone image execution. Is this what you were looking for?
    http://www.pemicro.com/products/product_viewDetails.cfm?product_id=15320183

Currently we don't have an efuse solution in standalone, but I can make that happen with a new algorithm. I will have to write it up.

The current workaround I have is a reset script that is ran within ICD PPCNEXUS software. There you specify a file that blows the efuse after executing a reset. That script can be changed to select which fuse you want blown.

Do you have a milestone of when you need this completed by? Do you want the workaround within ICD so you can start changing efuses today? If so, please go to support page -> support requests and create a ticket for me so I can give you an example of a reset script I used for efuses.

Takao

• Hello Takao,

You mentioned "Currently we don't have an efuse solution in standalone, but I can make that happen with a new algorithm. I will have to write it up."
      We want to blow the efuse on the production line, so the way of ICD may not quite suitable. I guess the new efuse algorithm is what we wanted, and we have about one week to wait it to be done. Do I have to create a new ticket for this?

Thank you for your supports!

• Greetings,

Please create a ticket for me so I can send you files when I am done developing.

Takao

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2021 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement