Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
How to write opensda binary file with PROGACMP
Inseob K. Mar 27, 2019 at 04:29 AM (04:29 hours)
Staff: Zahar R.

• I have a blank mk20dx128vfm5 chip for twr-kv46f150m and I use PROGACMP with Multilink universal probe.

My questions are below:

1. Is there a way to write .sda file to mk20dx128vfm5?
    2. Is the .sda file only for flashing with drag & drop?
    3. First, I was trying to write a binary file (DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108.bin) with PROGACMP ("SS" command). But PROGACMP has occurred an error "file not found -or- unknown file type". Does PROGACMP not support binary file to write for NXP?
    4. Second, I was trying to convert .bin to .s19 (bassaddress 0x00) with BIN2S19 program that provided from PEmicro. And I succeed to write the bootloader to the mk20dx128vfm5. However, the mk20dx128vfm5 unrecognized with OpenSDA port (the computer could not get any response). Is there something that I missed?

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi Inseob, 

Can you please clarify how you ended up with a board that has a blank mk20dx128vfm5 device. To the best of my knowledge, all OpenSDA boards come pre-programmed with a Bootloader from PEmicro or MBED. Is that not the case?

Please try to start up the board in Bootloader mode by holding RESET button while pluggin in the USB cable into the board. If it enumerates as Bootloader with SDA_INFO.HTM file then it is programmed with PEmicro bootloader and you should use MSD-DEBUG-TWR-KV46F15_Pemicro_v119.SDA to drag and drop the firmware into Bootloader MSD to get it programmed with latest. If it comes up with MBED.HTM file, then it is natively programmed with MBED Bootloader and you should use DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108_v2.1.bin application that is compatible with MBED based Bootloader.

The latest PEmicro OpenSDA application firmware can be found at www.pemicro.com/opensda.

Unfortunately, we do not release full s19 images of our OpenSDA firmware application as it is proprietary info of PEMicro. It is setup to be pre-programmed by NXP partners at a time of board manufacturing.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

• I recently purchased a board from NXP that is TWR-KV46F150M and I designed my circuit board exactly the same as the board I purchased.
    I found that the board uses MK20DX128VFM5 chip with PEmicro bootloader programmed. So I purchased a program that is PROGACMP and the Multilink universal debug probe to write the bootloader for OpenSDA to the blank MK20DX128VFM5 chip.

Best Regards,
    Inseob.

• Hi Inseob, 

Unfortunately, we do not disclose our OpenSDA firmware to 3rd party EVB boards with a built in OpenSDA circuitry. One of the things that you can do, is download the DAPLink Bootloader code, from the following website for instance:

https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/kinetis-developer-resources/ides-for-kinetis-mcus/opensda-serial-and-debug-adapter:OPENSDA?&tid=vanOpenSDA#FRDM-K64F

Once the board is programmed with Daplink Bootloader, you can start it up in Bootloader mode and drag and drop our DEBUG_OpenSDA_for_MBED_Bootloader_by_Pemicro_v108_v2.1.bin to get run control debug and CDC support under all NXP development IDEs.

Best Regards,
    Zahar
    P&E

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEmicro account.

© 2019 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement