Cart New Account Login

HomeAbout usProductsSupportForumsBlogCustomer Service

Please accept the use of cookies on our site

At PEmicro we use web browser cookies in order to provide you with an enhanced experience and in order to be able to do things like shopping cart processing and identify you when you login to our website.

Click here to accept

search inside this forum
search inside all forums
mc9s12xdg128 flash-rom protect
jaures h. Dec 16, 2014 at 09:38 PM (21:38 hours)
Staff: Takao Y.

• i want to use the cyclone-pro for download to mc9s12xdg128 flash rom,
    but i want to protect boot flash ,
    i had set const byte _BFSEC @(0xFFBF0FL) = 0xb2 ; in my programed.
    this setting generic the cyclone-pro can't download 0xFE8000 TO 0xFEBFFF,
    how to setting the cyclone-pro setting protect boot flash with download to the boot-flashrom,after my program erase the flash-rom that can't erase that 0xFE8000 TO 0xFEBFFF?
    the boot flash should be (0xFE8000 TO 0xFEBFFF) download by cyclone-pro.
    and my use the CAN BUS download new program that needs only the boot of flash-rom protect !

Comments

• Greetings,

Even though you set the flash protection, our P&E hardware needs access to all flash sectors to be able to program. I believe what you are wanting to do is preserve data during an erase. This can be done by modifying the algorithm you are using. Here is a blog post of how this can be done:

http://www.pemicro.com/blog/index.cfm?post_id=47

Takao Yamada

• how to edit the txt file likes NO_BASE_ADDRESS=00004000/         ;Fixed at $4000?
      the file how to edit use in codewarrior?

• Greetings,

You should only modify the algorithm if you are going to use P&E software. You may need to look through 3rd party software to see if they handle preserve data options. I do not recall seeing this option in Codewarrior classic for HCS12X. You may need to get P&E's PROG12Z software to do more advanced flash programming processes.

Takao Yamada

Add comment

Want to comment? Please login or create a new PEMicro account.

© 2018 P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc.
Website Terms of Use and Sales Agreement